SCCM Update Deployment Issues?
A good place to start troubleshooting with SCCM is to look in to the many logs that it has available. Determining which log to look at can be quite harrowing, so here is the a list of logs that can help identify any issues when deploying Updates from SCCM 2012.
Server Side Software Update Logs:
- SUPsetup.log – Installation of SUP Site Role.
- WCM.log, WSUSCtrl.log – Configuration of WSUS Server/SUP.
- WSyncMgr.log – SMS/WSUS Updates Synchronization Issues.
- Objreplmgr.log – Policy Issues for Update Assignments/CI Version Info policies.
- RuleEngine.log – Auto Deployment Rules.
Client Side Software Update Logs:
- UpdatesDeployment.log – Deployments, SDK, UX.
- UpdatesHandler.log – Updates, Download.
- ScanAgent.log – Online/Offline scans, WSUS location requests.
- WUAHandler.log – Update status (missing/installed – verbose logging), WU interaction.
- UpdatesStore.log – Update status (missing/installed).
- indirWindowsUpdate.log – Scanning/Installation of updates.